Call For Ongoing Works
IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo (ICME 2015)
June 29 - July 3, 2015 • TURIN, Italy
The goal of the On-Going Work Track is to present research that is not mature enough to warrant a full paper (e.g., experimental results not fully complete, integration with other system elements not done yet, and so on), but which would be of interest to the general multimedia community, granting early exposure to a large community.
Authors are invited to submit 2-page On-Going Work descriptions, using the prescribed template (see below), in all application areas identified in the ICME 2015 call for papers. Only electronic submissions will be accepted through the CMT online system under the “On-Going Work track”. On-going Work descriptions will be selected on the basis of their technical quality and their potential interest for ICME 2015 attendees. Accepted works will be presented in a specific poster session during the ICME 2015 main program, and they will be included in the USB Proceedings (with a dedicated ISBN) but they will not appear in IEEE Xplore. Please note that authors of On-Going Works will be free to submit their completed work to other venues as these will not be permanently archived and as such there will be no self‐plagiarism issues.
Topics of On-Going Work track can span all ICME 2015 areas, including, but not limited to:
- 3D Audio Processing, 3D Multimedia Streaming, 3D Video Processing
- Quality of Experience (QoE) Models, QoE Models for 3D Systems
- Display Technology for Multimedia
- Audio and Video Coding Standards
- Audio/Image/Video Segmentation for Interactive Services
- High Efficiency Video Coding
- Mobile Visual Search Algorithms and Implementations
- Augmented Reality Algorithms and Applications
- Multimedia Networking, Multimedia Streaming, Multimedia Traffic Management
- Multimodal User Interfaces, Multiview Video Capturing and Rendering
- Compressed Domain Processing, Compression and Coding
- Computer Graphics and Animation
- Media Conversion and Transcoding, Media Summaries and Storyboards
- Mobile Multimedia, Wireless Multimedia Communications
- Multimedia Database Management, Multimedia Middleware
- Event Detection, Feature Extraction and Representation, Object/Activity Recognition
- Indexing, Searching, Retrieving, Query, and Archiving for Synthetic and Natural Content
- Hardware/Software Co-Design and Instruction-Level Architecture Issues
- Intelligent and Life-Like Agents
- Education, Medicine and Health Care
- Network Security, Network Support for Multimedia
- Olfactory and Gustatory Media (digital scent and taste)
- Performance Benchmark and Analysis, Performance Metrics and Benchmarking
- Secure Multimedia Processing and Applications, Security and Privacy Analysis
- Internet, Social Media, Web 2.0 and Web 3.0
Following the ICME 2015 registration policy, each accepted On-Going Work item must have at least one author registered, which can be at student rate; otherwise it will be not presented and published in the Conference web site and in the USB Proceedings.
On-Going Work descriptions shall be submitted through ICME workshop submission track. selecting the “On-Going Work Track”.
The conference template for the On-Going Work submissions is available here.
Requests for additional information regarding the On-Going Work trackmay be directed to the Conference Co-Chair Stefano Tubaro email@example.com
Important Note: As far as the On Going Work author registration is concerned, an early rate fee will be applied till May 30, 2015.
ScheduleOngoing Paper Submission May 7, 2015
Paper Acceptance Notification: May 15, 2015
Camera-ready paper submission: May 30, 2015