Call For Demos
IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo (ICME 2015)
June 29 - July 3, 2015 • TURIN, Italy
Download PDF version of this call for demos.
The IEEE International Conference on Multimedia & Expo (ICME) has been the flagship multimedia conference sponsored by four IEEE societies since 2000.
The goal of the Demo Papers Program is to promote applied research and applications along with the Expo Program, as well as facilitate collaborations between industrial and academic members of the multimedia community.
Authors are invited to submit 2-page demo papers using the prescribed template, describing the content of the demonstration and indicating the proposed form of the presentation. Demo submission can be accompanied with multimedia attachments of up to 10 MB. Only electronic submissions will be accepted through the CMT online system under the “Demo track”. Note that accepted demo papers and any supplementary multimedia attachments will only be included in the USB Proceedings (with a dedicated ISBN) and not appear in IEEE Xplore.
We particularly encourage demonstrations of papers that have been accepted to the main conference or have been submitted to one of the dedicated workshops. Such demo papers must include the paper ID of the associated conference or workshop paper, respectively.
Topics of interest span all ICME 2015 areas, including, but not limited to:
- 3D Audio Processing, 3D Multimedia Streaming, 3D Video Processing
- Quality of Experience (QoE) Models, QoE Models for 3D Systems
- Display Technology for Multimedia
- Audio and Video Coding Standards
- Audio/Image/Video Segmentation for Interactive Services
- High Efficiency Video Coding
- Mobile Visual Search Algorithms and Implementations
- Augmented Reality Algorithms and Applications
- Multimedia Networking, Multimedia Streaming, Multimedia Traffic Management
- Multimodal User Interfaces, Multiview Video Capturing and Rendering
- Compressed Domain Processing, Compression and Coding
- Computer Graphics and Animation
- Media Conversion and Transcoding, Media Summaries and Storyboards
- Mobile Multimedia, Wireless Multimedia Communications
- Multimedia Database Management, Multimedia Middleware
- Event Detection, Feature Extraction and Representation, Object/Activity Recognition
- Indexing, Searching, Retrieving, Query, and Archiving for Synthetic and Natural Content
- Hardware/Software Co-Design and Instruction-Level Architecture Issues
- Intelligent and Life-Like Agents
- Education, Medicine and Health Care
- Network Security, Network Support for Multimedia
- Olfactory and Gustatory Media (digital scent and taste)
- Performance Benchmark and Analysis, Performance Metrics and Benchmarking
- Secure Multimedia Processing and Applications, Security and Privacy Analysis
- Internet, Social Media, Web 2.0 and Web 3.0
Accepted demo papers must be registered and presented at the conference; otherwise they will not be included in the USB Proceedings. The registration of a corresponding paper in the main program or workshop will cover the registration of the demo paper.
A best demo award will be selected and recognized during the conference.
Demo papers shall be submitted through the ICME workshop submission track.
ScheduleDemo Paper Submission
Paper Acceptance Notification: April 30, 2015
Camera-ready paper submission: May 15, 2015